HOW TO MAKE ★NIKUMAKI ONIGIRI★BEEF WRAPPED RICE BALL (EP188)
Today, I’m going to be making, Nikumaki-Onigiri, beef wrapped rice ball.
We have so many varieties of rice balls, this is a high-end kind of onigiri.
Rich in taste and so satisfying, and easy to make!
If you don’t like fish in your Onigiri, this is the recipe you go for.
Serve as it is or cut in half.
I like to serve with Umeboshi.
Have a big bite of Sweet and savory riceball, and then take a little bite of Umaboshi.
These goes so well together.
You can use white rice as well.
I cooked rice with soy sauce, it tastes so much better than usual.
Dried Shiitake mushroom and sesame seeds add a nice crunch and aroma.
It gives you power for the whole afternoon.
Give it a try and let me know how you like it!
- 2 cups rice ※Japanese short grain rice
- 2 tbs mirin
- 2 tbs soy sauce
- 1¾ cups water
- 3 pieces dried shiitake mushrooms
- 1 tbs sesame seeds ※optional
- 200 g thinly sliced beef
- All-porpose flour
- ½ tbs sugar
- 1 tbs mirin
- 1 tbs soy sauce
- Rinse 2 cups of rice and transfer to a rice cooker bowl.Add in 2 tablespoons of mirin and soy sauce.Add in dried shiitake mushroom, Pour in water to 2, add in dried Shiitake mushrroom to add Umami.Turn on the cooker.(Normal mode)Take out Shiitake, and mince.Get it back to the rice, and add in sesame seeds.Fold in the condiments.Shape the rice into a big Tater Tots shape, fill half of the rice bowl is a good amount.Wrap in a piece of plastic, and shape with your hand curl and put the rice together.Do not squash too too hard but the rice should stick each other.
- Spread a thinly sliced beef on a cutting board.Dust with all-purpose flour, and wrap rice ball.The flour sticks meat and rice when it cooked so that the rice ball would not fall apart.Heat your frying pan on medium, start cooking from seam side down.Rotate beef wrapped onigiri and cook all over the surface.Add in half a tablespoon of sugar, one tablespoon of mirin and soy sauce.If you don't have mirin, just add water and a little bit more sugar.Reduce the sauce until look shiny.And there you have it!