Japanese Chirashi Sushi | Scattered Sushi | The Easiest Sushi you can make at home!
What is Chirashi Sushi?
Chirashi Sushi literally means scattered sushi.
All you have to do is just scatter the ingredients over the sushi rice to finish your own Sushi.
Isn’t it easy?
The toppings depend on your budget and the ingredients you can afford, or you can access.
Today I chose shrimp, Unagi Eel, Smoked salmon, and Ikura.
Nanohana for the color and crunch.
You can go for the vegan version using mushrooms, broccoli, and root vegetables like carrots and lotus roots.
So basically you can put Anything you want！
You will need sushi vinegar to prepare the sushi rice.
Today I am using sushi vinegar, which one of my friends sent to me, made of Yuzu juice instead of Rice vinegar.
It’s a special kind of sushi vinegar with an Amazing fragrance!
But of course you can use any sushi vinegar or your own homemade Sushi vinegar.
Drizzle over the freshly cooked rice and toss to coat each grain with a cutting motion.
And if you have a fan, you can dry out the excess steam and make nice sushi rice.
For any celebratory Occasion
We make this for celebratory occasions like girls’ festivals, graduation ceremonies, school entrance ceremonies, etc.
A lot of the ingredients on top of the sushi make this sushi look so gorgeous.
You are going to feel the spring in your mouth; this is so delicious, and you’ll love it.
- 1 rice cooker or heavy bottom pot
- 1 bowl
- 1 frying pan
- 1 pot
- 5 pieces Dried Shiitake mushrooms
- 1 cup Water to rehydrate
- ½ tbs sugar
- ½ tbs Soy sauce
- ½ tbs Mirin
- 200 g (8 oz) shrimp
- a pinch of salt
- 1 tbs Sake
・Unagi (Japanese eel)
- 1 Unagi
- 1 tbs Unagi sauce or Teriyaki sauce
- 1 tbs Sake
- 2 large eggs
- a pinch of salt
- a pinch of sugar
- ½ ts potato starch or corn starch
- 1 tbs water
- 1 rice cup (180ml) short grain rice
- 1 rice cup (180ml) water
- 3~4 tbs Sushi Vinegar
Nanohana (rape blossoms)
- Cut off the stem ends, release them in cold water, and leave them a while to make them fresh again.
- Boil for a few minutes and put it in cold water to stop cooking and keep the color.
- When you use it squeeze out the excess moisture, Not too hard; otherwise, the texture will be compromised.Use blossom part for garnishing and crunch.
- To prepare the shrimp, Stick in the bamboo skewer the second or third joint from the tail 1 mm from the surface, And slowly stick out the vein. If you leave that vein, the texture is not good, so be sure to remove all the veins.
- Wash really well. Put them in a frying pan.Sprinkle a pinch of salt and sake and turn the heat to medium.Cover and cook for a couple of minutes.
- When shrimp turn red, And the inside is not really cooked yet, Turn the heat off and, cover, leave it until cool to room Temperature. Cook remaining heat—succulent and delicious shrimp.
- When come to room temperature, peel off the shelf and tails still attached. To look nicer.
Unagi (Japanese eel)
- Cut into bite-size pieces, And put them in the frying pan; drizzle eel sauce or Teriyaki sauce. Turn the heat off and cook until the sauce is reduced for a couple of minutes.
Shredded thin omelet (Kinshi-Tamago)
- Beat the egg well, Until the egg yolks and the white are combined.Add a pinch of salt and sugar. Dissolve potato starch in shiitake water or plain water.The potato starch makes the egg a little bit firm So that you can cut it into shreds.If you are not adding the potatoes starch to the egg, You cannot cut it, and is falls into a crumble.And mix all the ingredients well and pass them through a sieve.
- Heat the frying pan and grease the surface; pour and run the egg mixture all the surface. Cook until the surface is dry, Then flip it over.Take out on the bamboo tray or any tray To release the steam and let it cool.
- Then cutting to tread.You have to use a thing braided sharp knife.
- Drizzle over the freshly cooked rice and toss to coat each grain with a cutting motion.And if you have a fan, you can dry out the excess steam and make nice sushi rice.
- In a small bento box, transfer half the Sushi rice, sprinkle the nori sheet crumble into small pieces if you like, And the rest of the rice.Cover with the shredded omelet, And place the ingredients you have prepared by your sense.Cut the smoked salmon into small pieces and roll them up like a rose.