HOW TO MAKE TOFU CHOCOLATE | 40% reduced calories but yet Delicious! | Valentine’s Day (EP264)
Today I’m going to be making TOFU CHOCOLATE.
Sounds like a healthy dessert?
I don’t really like a healthier option myself, but this is for my 18-years-old-son.
He has been stuck in a home for about a year, because of covid 19, and for a college admission exam.
And he has gained weight. I can’t ask him how much he gained. Lol.
The calories are reduced by 40 % by replacing heavy cream with Tofu.
But there is no compromising in the taste. No soybean taste at all.
I recommend making this TOFU CHOCOLATE for your loved one who cares about their health.
Professional chefs are taking “emulsification” very seriously in the chocolate-making process.
If your chocolate has a velvety and smooth texture, you emulsified well in the cooking process.
Once you understand what emulsification is, you can be a great home-cook.
In my early days in cooking, I didn’t pay any attention to “emulsify” the ingredients.
I used to just mixed until “look-incorporated.”
The end result was not what I wanted.
But after I realized the idea of “emulsification,” I have never failed in the chocolate-making process.
The key is, when you mix two different ingredients like Tofu and Chocolate, it’s better to work in warm circumstances.
And, mix in one direction.
I am using a stick-blender, but you can also use a food processor.
- 250 g semi-sweet chocolate
- 150 g silken Tofu
- 1 tsp vanilla extract optional
- ⅛ tsp salt optional
- Melt the semi sweet chocolate on the 60°C water bath.
- Bring water to a boil and put in the Tofu cut into 2-inch cubes.Cook until boil again, and the Tofu heated through.What this does is reducing the soybean smell from the Tofu, and the excess moisture. The moisture from the Tofu easy to come out by boring.
- Drain and set aside for about 10 minutes to drip off the excess moisture.
- Add the Tofu while it's still warm, and that is easy to combine with the chocolate.
- Add in vanilla and a pinch of salt if you want.
- Transfer to the prepared mold and chill in the fridge for about one hour to two hours.
- Cut into the desired size and dust with cocoa powder.