VEGAN TONKOTSU RAMEN
Today I am going to be making “Vegan” Tonkotsu Ramen.
When it comes to Healthy eating, Ramen is the last thing we choose.
But when it comes to Happy Eating, things are a little bit different.
We all love Tonkotsu Ramen; we would enjoy the rich and creamy soup with bouncy noodles.
But it’s high in calories and fat, so we can’t eat it quite often.
So I make a healthier version of Tonkotsu Ramen with “Nikumiso” spicy vegan meat topping.
We can fill both nutrition and satisfaction with this easy noodle soup recipe.
If you make the topping beforehand, it will be ready in less than 10 minutes!
Let’s start Happy Eating with me!
Vegan Tonkotsu Ramen
- pot, frying pan, mesh strainer
"Nikumiso" spicy vegan meat topping
- 200 g plant-based ground meat ※30~40g dried soy meat makes ≒200g
- 20 g garlic
- 20 g ginger
- 1 tsp Doubanjian （or 1/2 ts chili powder)
- 1 tbsp Sake (or dry white wine or water)
- 1 tbsp Mirin (or water. add 1/2 tbsp sugar in the case.)
- 1 tbsp water
- 1 tsp sesame oil
Vegan Tonkotsu Soup
- 300 ml soymilk
- 1 tsp vegetable soup powder
- ⅓ tsp salt ( to taste)
- ⅕ tsp pepper ( to taste)
- 1 serving Chinese noodle
- long green onion for topping
"Nikumiso" Spicy vegan meat topping
- Mince garlic and ginger.Heat a frying pan on medium-low, put a tablespoon of vegetable oil.Cook until fragrant,
- Lower the heat, add Doubanjian.Cook until fragrant before adding other ingredients to bring out the spiciness and aroma.
- Add plant-based ground meat.Cook until all the ingredients turn red-ish.
- Add in red Miso, sugar, Sake, and Mirin.If it's not easy to stir around, add water to evenly season.
- Stir well and add in Sesame oil to make it even more delicious.Transfer to a container; you can keep it in the fridge for about a week.
Vegan Tonkotsu Soup
- To make the soup, bring your soy milk to a boil, add vegetable soup powder, and add 1/3 teaspoon of salt to taste.
- Boil the noodles according to the package instructions.Transfer to a bowl; pour soup, topped with spinach that has been blanched, and "Nikumiso" spicy vegan meat topping and long green onion.