HOW TO MAKE ★DUKE-DON★MARINATED TUNA RICE-BOWL (EP202)
About this recipe
Today I want to share with you, Duke-don, marinated tuna rice bowl.
It’s a super easy recipe with no cooking involved, perfect for hot summer day.
I love cooking, but sometimes I don’t feel like cooking after the long day.
This is super easy, ready in no time and delicious!
If you can access to sashimi grade tuna, definitely give it a try.
I’ll show you 2 types of finishing today, and hope you like it!
As you might already knew that I don’t have sashimi knife, because I can’t handle it and needs special care that I don’t want.
But my knife is really sharp, to make a clean cut.
I strongly recommend sharpening your knife before slice.
Duke Don （Marinated Tuna Rice Bowl)
- rice cooker or pot
Soy Sauce Rice
- 2 cups rice ※Japanese rice cup is 180 ml
- 2 cups −2tbs water
- 1 tbs soy sauce
- 1 tbs Mirin
- 1 piece Kombu
- 2 tbs soy sauce
- 2 tbs Mirin
- 200 g Sashimi grade flesh tuna
- Nori seaweed
- saseme seeds
- ½ avocado
- 2 ts Sushi vinegar
Soy Sauce Rice
- Rinse your rice then put it in a rice cooker bowl, add in a piece of Kombu kelp, 1 tablespoon of soy sauce and mirin.Give it a nice stir, and cook in a rice cooker on a normal mode.
- Put your say sauce and mirin in a heat-proof bowl, cook in a microwave until bubbling for 1 minute on 600w.Put a couple of slices of ginger, to give it refreshing aroma.Chill on an ice bath.
- Slice tuna diagonally, like shaving. It's going to season well and easy to eat.
- Marinate tuna in chilled marinade for a while. It doesn't have to be long, because the longer you marinate, the more moisture draws out.A couple of minutes is enough.
- Take out kombu kelp and transfer as much rice as you want.200~250g for young people who's daily activity is high. Adjust the amount to your age and daily activity.
- Line tuna on top of each other, and crack Onsen Tamago on top. Top with crumbled nori seaweed and sesame seeds, if you wanted to.Drizzle the just a little bit of marinade to season.
- I would like to eat with avocado, because it tastes so good!Cut your tuna into dice, and dice avocado as well.
- Drizzle a little bit of my homemade sushi vinegar to your rice.It's that easy if you want to make sushi in an individual bowl. My son wants his rice normal, but I want it vinegary. Toss in the prepared ingredients in the marinade, and spoon it onto your rice.Top with Onsen Tamago, Nori and sesame seeds.