How to make MIZU YOUKAN | Red Bean Jelly | Summer Dessert
Mizu Yokan is a Japanese Wagashi, made with red bean paste and Kanten.
Kanten is a Japanese traditional gelling agent made from seaweed.
That’s what I call “Vegan Gelatin,” you can set liquid at room temperature.
See the link below for more information.
It’s a summer dessert, serve chilled, and has a melt-in-your-mouth texture.
What I love about it is it requires only a few ingredients and is easy to make!
Of course, it’s good for your health!
- Pot, Square container or individual cup
- 300 g Anko (Tsubu an)
- 2 g Kanten powder
- 270 ml water
- a pinch of salt
- Put Kanten in a pot and pour water. Mix well. Turn the heat to medium, cook until reaches a boil, stirring constantly.
- Pour Kanten mixture into Anko little by little. Add salt and mix well.
- Chill in an ice bath until the mixture comes to luke warm.
- Pour into individual cup or container. Chill in the fridge for at least 2 hours before serve.